12 Week Weight Loss Study
Fitness Wave NorCal is conducting research on how bodies change during weight loss. Our goal is to have 100 participants document their methodology and commit to comprehensive bi-monthly measuring.
The complete details are still being determined. We'd like to offer a prize pack for some of the participants. This kind of detail is still in progress.
Location: Morgan Hill
PARTICIPANTS needed for 12 weeks of documented, measured, guided fat loss.
Our goal is a minimum of 3% body fat loss over the 12 weeks.
The research requires the collection of the following:
- Dexa body scans. (monthly)
- 3D body scans (every other week)
- Impedance body composition measure. (every other week)
- Manual tape measure body measurements. (every other week)
- Photos (every other week)
- Resting Metabolic Rate (monthly)
This testing will occur in Morgan Hill.
In order to guide your progress Fit with Gin will offer eating and exercise guidance.
- Nutrition suggestions based on your baseline eating patterns, modified as you progress.
- Exercise adjustments based on your baseline exercise patterns, modified as you progress.
- You personal data is private but your measurements are provided to the science team for analysis.
- You must be willing to use MyFitnessPal and enter ALL Food and Workouts.
- You must be able to commit to measuring days. We will attempt to have at least 3 days available to schedule your measurements on. We expect an initial intake measurement to start, then follow up measurements every other week for the 12 weeks. Essentially you are committing to 6 visits.
- You will be assigned a Monitor that will check your daily entries in the MyFitnessPal app. They will contact you if you forget to enter the information as required. They will also serve as a filter for your questions so Gin's Training Team can prioritize the responses and maximize their time.
- You will be provided a wrist band to wear for the duration of the project.
Participants are required to wear specific form fitting clothing for many of the measurements. This is essential since we are trying to provide the most accurate tracking and assessments possible. This is true for the photos, the manual measurements, and the scans. I will provide samples here as soon as we can collect some!
- WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
- PLEASE REPLY WITH
- A sanitation plan is prepared and details will be posted on site.
- Participants must use face masks when not being measured and engage in social distancing and other similar protocols.
- WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
Your car is your sanctuary! You will have access to the bathroom, which will be sanitized after every participant. Other than that, social distancing is required.
Please bring all of the following:
- Appropriate clothing and footwear
- Food – ALL snacks, drinks, utensils, water bottles, coolers etc.
- Cloth Mask
PARTICIPANT INFORMATION TO PROVIDE IN APPLICATION
This list is not comprehensive and is only the first level of screening.
Wrist size? s,m,l or use a measuring tape.
Photo in swim suit Front view, Back view, Side view
- Gender (we need 50 men and 50 women)
Do you have a smart phone to use the app MyFitnessPal?
Are you familiar with MyFitnessPal?
Do you have exercise/gym experience? If so, how many years?
Have you worked with a trainer?
Have you participated in team/individual sports, if so which ones?
When and how long?
Do you exercise now?
Frequency of exercise and type?
Do you have access to a gym?
Please list home equipment.
Have you ever had a history of disordered eating?
Do you binge eat or drink?
Do you have experience using heart rate monitors?
Do you already have access to one?
Please list all surgeries & dates.
Injuries past and present.
Email your interest and all of your replies to:
Text your questions to Aeron 408.914.5273
PARTICIPANTS MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD